Welcome to the YourMedPass website! This site is an online revision website for the use of health professionals. Use of this site is conditional on accepting the Terms and Conditions for use. Please ensure that you read through them thoroughly and understand them prior to using the YourMedPass website. These Terms and Conditions apply to the use of the services provided by YourMedPass. If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions please do not use this website. Both the website and the subscription process are in English only. If you have any questions regarding the Terms and Conditions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The subscription price you pay is indicated on the website. Subscribers are required to make payments in US dollars. If you are paying from a non-US dollar account then your card provider will calculate the exchange rate of your transaction. Each paid subscription plan permits one attempt on all questions (We may allow you to do more but we have the right to limit attempts to one only). Please note that if you wish to cancel any subscription that you have purchased after our contract comes into effect, then no refund will be issued at all. You hereby agree that due to the nature of the service provided by YourMedPass that cancellation of your subscription is not permitted once the service has been used. This does not affect your statutory rights. You undertake to us that all the details you give to us whilst using the website are correct in particular that the card payment used is your own and that there are sufficient funds to cover the cost of the service. In addition, your subscription will not be activated until we are provided with proof of funds from your card provider. YourMedPass will provide access for the stated period from the date you have made your subscription payment. To get further access, you will need to renew your subscription with a further payment as indicated on the website. From time to time we provide special offers which we reserve the right to cancel at any time without prior notice.
Usage of Website:
By using our website, whether as a registered user or non-registered user, you are indicating that you accept these Terms and Conditions and agree to abide by them. Accounts are personal to the subscriber and for their sole and non-commercial home use only. Passwords and other login details must not be passed or shared with others. You can only access the question bank from one device at a time to prevent sharing of accounts. We will endeavour to activate your subscription as quickly as possible after you have made payment. Typically, you will have access immediately after making payment. However, in a few situations this may not always be possible and activation may take a few days as we wait for confirmation of your payment. If you use or attempt to use the service for purposes other than personal, individual revision, including but not limited to copying our questions, answers or explanations, or attempt to tamper, hack, modify or otherwise use the website in any way that is likely to compromise or corrupt the security or functionality of the service provided by YourMedPass , your account will be terminated and you will be subject to damages and other penalties, including criminal prosecution where available. Print screens of the website content are strictly not allowed. Systems are in place to detect unauthorised print screens. Repeated unauthorised print screens will result in a permanent account block. If this happens, you will no longer have access to your account. Unblocking of your account is by the sole discretion of YourMedPass and the decision is final. Refunds will not be given for accounts which are blocked from unauthorised print screens. If unauthorised use including but not limited to copying, duplicating and/or distribution of our materials is found, your account will be terminated and you will be subject to damages and other penalties, including criminal prosecution where available. We will take action to terminate your account if repeated unauthorised print screens are detected. Whilst we will endeavour to ensure that the website availability is not interrupted, access may be restricted from time to time to allow for site maintenance, upgrades or other factors beyond our control, e.g DDoS attacks. The website has been optimised for use on a PC running Windows. Use of other equipments to access the site may result in restricted functionality. Any technical problems with your computer are your responsibility and no refunds will be issued for problems with your computer preventing you from using the site.
For the convenience of subscribers, the YourMedPass website may contain links to external sites. The inclusion of a link does not imply endorsement or approval of the site or its contents which is independent of YourMedPass and over which we have no control. As such we can accept no responsibility for the contents or any loss or damages that may result from using these external sites.
The YourMedPass site is copyright protected and its content, design, layout, databases or graphics shall not be reproduced, stored in any form or by any means including but not limited to electronic, paper, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or broadcasting, nor shall the site be shown in a public gathering. You may only use the material available for your own personal non-commercial home use provided that it is not changed and copyright notices remains; YourMedPass retains the intellectual property rights on all material from their website. You shall not create any derivative work or make any other adaptation, without our prior written consent. If you use or attempt to use the service for purposes other than personal individual revision, including but not limited to copying questions, copying answers, copying notes, tampering, hacking, modifying or otherwise corrupting the security or functionality of the service provided by YourMedPass, your account will be terminated and you will be subject to damages and other penalties, including criminal prosecution where available.
Content on the Services:
All Content, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, is the sole responsibility of the person who originated such Content. We may not monitor or control the Content posted via the Services and, we cannot take responsibility for such Content. Any use or reliance on any Content or materials posted via the Services or obtained by you through the Services is at your own risk. We do not endorse, support, represent or guarantee the completeness, truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any Content or communications posted via the Services or endorse any opinions expressed via the Services. You understand that by using the Services, you may be exposed to Content that might be offensive, harmful, inaccurate or otherwise inappropriate, or in some cases, postings that have been mislabeled or are otherwise deceptive. Under no circumstances will YourMedPass be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Services or broadcast elsewhere.
You retain your rights to any Content you submit, post or display on or through the Services. By submitting, posting or displaying Content on or through the Services, you grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, publish, transmit, display and distribute such Content in any and all media or distribution methods (now known or later developed). You agree that this license includes the right for YourMedPass to provide, promote, and improve the Services and to make Content submitted to or through the Services available to other companies, organizations or individuals who partner with YourMedPass, subject to our terms and conditions for such Content use. We may modify or adapt your Content in order to transmit, display or distribute it over computer networks and in various media and/or make changes to your Content as are necessary to conform and adapt that Content to any requirements or limitations of any networks, devices, services or media. You are responsible for your use of the Services, for any Content you provide, and for any consequences thereof, including the use of your Content by other users and our third party partners. You understand that your Content may be syndicated, broadcast, distributed, or published by our partners and if you do not have the right to submit Content for such use, it may subject you to liability. YourMedPass will not be responsible or liable for any use of your Content by YourMedPass in accordance with these Terms. You represent and warrant that you have all the rights, power and authority necessary to grant the rights granted herein to any Content that you submit.
In order to provide the YourMedPass service and the ability to communicate and stay connected with others, there are some limitations on the type of content that can be published with YourMedPass. We will respond to clear and complete notices of alleged copyright infringement. You may not advertise, or post any form of third-party advertisements on our Website. We reserve the right to remove any post, message, comment and content which are deemed as advertising, infringing on our copyright or content. We will also terminate the alleged user’s account without prior notice. We reserve the right to remove Content alleged to be infringing without prior notice, at our sole discretion, and without liability to you. In appropriate circumstances, YourMedPass will also terminate a user’s account if the user is determined to be a repeat infringer.
Limitation of liability:
This website is provided as a resource to aid revision and makes no representation, express or implied, that the drug dosages on the website are correct. Users must therefore check with a recognised formulary such as the British National Formulary prior to prescribing. Whilst reasonable care is taken to ensure the accuracy of information on this site, to the fullest extent permitted by law the material and information displayed on our website is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to the correctness, accuracy, reliability, usefulness or otherwise of information provided. Medical knowledge is constantly evolving and to the fullest extent permitted by law, YourMedPass does not accept any responsibility or legal liability for any errors or the misuse or misapplication of material on the website. YourMedPass shall not be liable to users of this site by reason of any representation or any implied warranty, condition or other term, or any duty at common law, or under the express terms of the contract for any loss of profit or any direct or indirect, special or consequential loss, damage, costs, expenses or other claims of any kind (whether caused by the negligence of YourMedPass, its servants or agents or otherwise) which arise out of or in connection with the revision questions and other information available on this website except as expressly provided in these conditions. YourMedPass shall not be liable to users or others or be deemed in breach of contract by reason of any delay or failure to perform any of its obligations in relation to the website if this was due to any cause beyond the reasonable control of YourMedPass. In no event shall YourMedPass total liability to any user for all damages, losses, and other causes of action (whether in contract or not) exceed the amount paid to YourMedPass for use of this site. The maximum liability for any claim from a user shall not exceed the current subscription fee which has been paid.
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier.
- Contact Data includes billing address, email address, social media username (if given) and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details of payments made by you, any equipment we will supply, and services you have subscribed to.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our services, our network and our Website.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website and our network.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback, survey responses and dates of examinations.
- Marketing and Communications Data which includes your preferences in receiving marketing information from us,our third parties and your communication preferences.
We also collect, use and share “Aggregated Data” (this means statistical or demographic data derived from your personal data). Aggregated Data is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity.
We automatically collect Technical Data about your visits to our Website (including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data) and the websites and other products and services you access through it. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies.
We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for marketing research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them. We may ask you questions, from time to time, about how you use the services we provide, other services you would like us to provide in the future and about other things, such as information about your lifestyle.
We will keep a record of whether you have opted out of receiving marketing from us. We will also keep a record of your communication preferences.
Use Of Personal Data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation
Legitimate Interest means using your data as necessary for the commercial interests of our business, allowing us to conduct and manage our business to give you the best possible service and most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests.
Comply with a legal or regulatory obligation means using your personal data to the extent necessary for us to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to, or required by law. You can ask us to stop sending you marketing communications at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you, or by contacting us at email@example.com at any time.
If you opt out of receiving marketing communications, we will only send you service-related communications, as necessary.
Disclosure of Personal Data:
We may sometimes need to share your personal data with the types of third party listed below:
- Our partner organisations and subcontractors who provide some of the services on our behalf
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Website
- IT and system administration services service providers
- Professional advisors including but not limited to lawyers, auditors, accountants and insurers
- Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer or merge parts of our business with
We have in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We also have in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and the ICO (the UK supervisory authority) of a breach where we are legally required to do so. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or you have chosen) a customer ID, password(s) or log-ins to allow you to can access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping these confidential. You are responsible for how our services are used from your account and for keeping your account information secret. Please keep this information safe, and do not share it with others. Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and others associated with us. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy and cookie policies. YourMedPass accepts no responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check their individual privacy policies before you send any personal data to these websites.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
You have various rights in relation to your personal data – these are set out in detail below. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The following are your legal rights:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete your personal data when we no longer need it. You may also ask us to delete your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with a legal obligation. However, we may not be able to comply with your request of erasure, for example, if we are required to retain your personal data for legal reasons. We will let you know if this is the case.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. You also have the right to object where we are relying on a legitimate interest but you feel the processing impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. You may ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you do not think the data we hold is accurate, whilst we verify its accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where we no longer need to process it but you require us to store it in relation to a legal claim; or (d) if you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will if feasible practically provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to information which we process by automated means and use to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data (for example, for marketing purposes). However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent.